Downloading the driver:
From the list, download the appropriate driver. (e.g. If you are running Windows XP, download and run: PCL6V32W2KXP.exe)
Double click on the file, and unzip the files to a temporary directory.
Setting up the printer:
- Go to Start -> Settings -> Printers (Windows 2000)
Go to Start -> Printers and Faxes (Windows XP)
- Double-click on "Add Printer"
- Click Next
- Check "Local printer" (Windows 2000)
Check "Local printer attached to this computer" (Windows XP)
- Check "Create a new port" and select Standard TCP/IP Port on the pull-down menu.
- You will see the "Welcome to the Add Standard TCP/IP Printer Port wizard" menu. Click "Next"
- For "Printer Name or IP Address" enter: Canon Ir5000 and Click "Next"
- You'll see "Completing the Add Standard TCP/IP Printer Port Wizard
Protocol: Raw Port 9100
Device: canon ir5000
Port Name: canon ir5000
Adapter Type: Canon Network Printing Device with P9100
- Another window will appear titled: "Add Printer Wizard" Select "Have Disk"
- Select "Browse" and go to the directory where you unzipped the printer driver and select the driver (P62KUSAL.INF in this example.)
- Then click Ok, and then OK for the "Install From Disk" window.
- In "Add Printer Wizard", select Canon iR5000-6000 PCL6
- Another window should appear, where you can specify a printer name. Enter: "canon ir"
- You'll have the option of selecting this printer as default. Click "Next"
- Select: Do not share this printer in the Print Sharing window. Click "Next"
- Print a Test Page if you prefer. Click "Next"
- In the "Completing the Add Printer Wizard" window, click "Finish"
- You should now see canon ir in the list of printers.
Configuring the printer
- Right click on the Printer and click "Properties".
- Click on the "Device Settings" tab
- Select "Output Options" to: Finisher-F1
- Select "Puncher Unit" to: Puncher Unit-B1" Check "Job Accounting" Click Apply
- (Optional: To set printing to be double-sided by default:) Go to the Advanced Tab -> Printing Defaults -> Finishing Tab -> Select Print Style to be: 2-sided Printing
- Go to "Quality" Tab and set "Objective" to be Publications for best quality.
- Click "Apply" and Exit.